Several major shipping companies increased their prices in January 2022 because of an increase in labor and fuel costs, like DHL, FedEx, UPS…
Take FedEx as a sample
FedEx Express shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9 percent for U.S. domestic, U.S. export, and U.S. import services. Also, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping rates are increasing by an average of 5.9 percent. FedEx Ground Economy shipping rates will also increase. As for freight shipping, FedEx rates will increase by an average of 5.9 percent.
The company says these changes reflect incremental costs associated with the challenging operating environment while enabling FedEx to continue investing in service enhancement, fleet maintenance, technology innovations, and other areas to serve customers more effectively and efficiently.
The following FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Ground Economy, and FedEx Freight surcharge changes will also take effect in the coming months:
- Effective November 1, 2021, a fuel surcharge increase will be applied to FedEx Express (U.S. domestic package and freight services), FedEx Ground, and FedEx Freight shipments.
- Effective January 17, 2022, FedEx Freight will introduce a No Shipment Tendered surcharge that applies when a pickup is performed and no shipment is tendered to the carrier.
- Effective January 17, 2022, the International Out-of-Delivery-Area Surcharge and International Out-of-Pickup-Area Surcharge rates will be determined based on the corresponding tier of the ZIP code, postal code, or city of the shipment’s origin and/or destination location for International Express Freight and Parcel services.
- Effective January 17, 2022, a Delivery and Returns Surcharge will be assessed on packages that are delivered or returned using FedEx Ground Economy services.
- Effective January 24, 2022, Additional Handling Surcharge and Oversize Surcharge rates for U.S. Express Package Services and U.S. Ground Services will be determined based on the shipment’s zone
The shipping price was also increased by DHL or other shipping companies.